- Now On How To Clean Your Air Fryer
- For Day To Day Maintenance-
- Products I Use Daily In My Cleaning:
- For Really Stubborn Stains and Stuck On Foods
- How to Clean The Air Fryer Basket, Mesh Basket and Drip Pans-
- How to Clean The Interior of the Air Fyrer-
- How to Clean The Heating Element Of the Air Fryer-
- Some Common Questions Asked About Cleaning Your Air Fryer-
- How do you get baked on grease out of an air fryer?
- Do I need to clean my air fryer after every use?
- How do I clean my air fryer with vinegar?
- Can I Use Oven Cleaner On My Air Fryer?
How To Clean Your Air Fryer-You just received an Air Fryer for Christmas, and now besides wanting to know what to make in the air fryer, you want to know how to clean it.
I have been air frying for a long time, a very long time. Along the way, I have written up my tips and tricks, and I will update it as I think of new ways to help you.
I would suggest you grab a few freebies while you are here, things you will need in your air fryer journey.
- Free Printable Chart (fresh food)
- Free Frozen Air Fryer Chart
Here are also some articles that you should find informative,
- What To Put Under Your Air Fryer
- Top 20 Air Fryer Mistakes
- Top 10 Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
Now On How To Clean Your Air Fryer
The first piece of advice that I will give you and tell you is that you need to read your air fryer manual. If you can not find a manual, go to the manufacturer’s website and download it, or at least read it online.
Since every air fryer is different, I do not want you to use one of my cleaning methods and ruin your air fryer.
For Day To Day Maintenance-
- Unplug your air fryer.
- Remove the basket or tray from the air fryer.
- Use a non-abrasive brush or sponge, water, and dish soap and wash your pans.
- If your model type can go into the dishwasher, place it in the dishwasher.
- Use a wet cloth and wash the inside of the COOL air fryer interior and heating element. (please make sure the air fryer is cool. Otherwise, you will burn yourself badly)
Products I Use Daily In My Cleaning:
I call this my air fryer cleaning bucket.
- Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge
- Dawn Powerwash Cleaning Spray
- Magic Eraser Sponge
For Really Stubborn Stains and Stuck On Foods
How to Clean The Air Fryer Basket, Mesh Basket and Drip Pans-
You are supposed to clean your air fryer after every use, just like a baking pan. If you end up using it over and over again without cleaning it, you will end up with a giant mess, and it’s much harder to clean.
The baking trays and mesh baskets are easy to clean. If you end up with a huge mess, I spraying my basket and trays with Dawn Powerwash or Mr. Clean Freak and leaving them to soak for about 20 minutes.
Take your Non-Scratch Brush scrub the trays and baskets, with this, rinse and let dry.
How to Clean The Interior of the Air Fyrer-
The key to keeping the Interior of the air fryer clean is to wipe it down after every use. This way, you do not end up with a huge mess.
The mess usually comes from the grease that is splattered while cooking your food. While the myth is to use oven cleaner in your air fryer, if you do this, you will never get rid of the fumes out of your air fryer; therefore, DO NOT DO IT!
While other food writers write that you can use soap in the interior, the truth is after doing this many times; you will taste the soap in your dishes for many runs later.
There are two ways, which I clean the interior of my air fryer; both help gets rid of grease.
- In a small bowl, add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Then place into the air fry at 300 degrees for about 3 minutes. This does loosen the grime off the walls, and once it’s cooled down, you simply wipe down the interior. (Please make sure it’s cooled down)
- If you have really stubborn stains, you paste using water and baking soda. Then scrub the solution onto the interior unit.
How to Clean The Heating Element Of the Air Fryer-
I do not recommend ever getting the heating element went, and never submerge it in water.
If you are having any problems with the heating element, your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer or search on your manufacturer’s website. I have seen people ruining their air fryer to get it perfectly cleaned.
Some Common Questions Asked About Cleaning Your Air Fryer-
How do you get baked on grease out of an air fryer?
Truthfully, if you are cleaning your air fryer after every use, which I strongly suggested, you really should not have a problem with baked-on grease, but if you do, here is how to clean it.
The best thing is to use a combination of baking soda and water (or vinegar) to scrub to get out baked-on grease. The important thing is not to use anything that will scratch your air fryer basket or trays.
Do I need to clean my air fryer after every use?
Yes, that is really the answer. Now, I know that you might not want to, but if you keep on using it with grease in it, from the last batch of mozarella sticks. What happens is that the grease, cheese, etc. starts to get baked on, and you will soon find it hard to wash your basket.
So, to keep your air fryer in tip-top shape, remove the basket, scrub the basket, dry it, and then use it again.
How do I clean my air fryer with vinegar?
In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of water with 1 teaspoon of vinegar, mix well, and then use it to clean your air fryer, as directed above.
Can I Use Oven Cleaner On My Air Fryer?
Absolutely not, you will have the fumes for ever. It will basically ruin your air fryer.