This is my detailed guide about the best food bowls for English Bulldogs in 2021.
English Bulldogs are extraordinary dogs. They need the best possible accessories. Because of their flat face structure, an important question is what kind of feeding bowl we buy for them. Considering the most important aspects, I collected the best products for you.
Based on my previous experience and research, I have concluded that Enhanced Pet Bowl is the best Bulldog food bowl. The slanted design and built-in ridge supporting slow feeding make this feeder perfect for flat-faced dogs like English Bulldogs.
Of course, you should read my full article because I have selected products based on different categories. Examples are overalls best, best budget, etc.
Best English Bulldog Food Bowls
Food BowlName And FeaturesPet Worshiper RatingWhere To Buy? 1. Enhanced Pet Bowl Non-Slip Slanted Flat Faced Dog Bowl Check on Amazon 2. Durapet OurPets Premium Slow Feed Dog Bowl Check on Amazon 3. FOREYY Water and Food Bamboo Elevated Pet Bowls Check on Amazon 4. Our Pets Raised Dog Bone Feeding Station Check on Amazon 5. AmazonBasics Dog Stainless Steel Bowl Check on Amazon 6. Mlife Dog Stainless Steel Water Bowl and Feeder Bowl Check on Amazon 7. Our Pets DuraPet Premium Dog Bowl Check on Amazon 8. Waggo Dipper Bowl Check on Amazon 9. YMAXGO Ceramics Single Flat Face Cats/Dogs Feeding Bowl Check on Amazon 10. Van Ness Large Crock Heavyweight Pet Dish Check on Amazon 11. COMSUN Extra Large 2-Pack Collapsible Dog Bowl Check on Amazon
Full Reviews of the best bulldog bowls
Later in my article, you can find out what you should look for in the best food bowl for English Bulldogs. The list below shows the best possible products based on different aspects.
1. Enhanced Pet Bowl Non-Slip Slanted Flat Faced Dog Bowl – Overall Best
This Enhanced food bowl is great for flat-faced dogs. Your English Bulldog will be happy about that too.
The bowl’s design is unique, as it’s slanted, and a ridge is built into the back-end. These features have several benefits.
The angle of inclination provides a proper position that does not strain your dog’s neck.
On the one hand, the ridge prevents rapid eating and functions as a special tool. With this simple design innovation, your Bulldog won’t be able to eat too many bites at once. It can prevent eating and digestive problems such as excessive gas production or choking.
The rubber ring on the bottom of the product is an almost must-have feature if you have a vehement eating dog like the English Bulldogs. The rubber ring prevents slipping and the bowl from tipping over. As a bonus, there will be less mess on your floor.
The product is available in several sizes. I recommend medium for Bulldogs. It weighs 1.5 pounds and can store 2.5 cups of food. It is ideal for dogs weighing 20-50 pounds. If your Bully weighs over 50 pounds, you might want to try a large-sized bowl.
Otherwise, this Bulldog food bowl is made of stainless steel. When it comes to food bowls, this is my favorite material. Namely, it’s rust-free, odor-free, and easy to clean.
Customers are generally satisfied with the Enhanced Pet Bowl. The product is a great help for owners who have brachiocephalic dogs. Due to slower eating and proper posture, many eating and digestive problems have been eliminated.
It is advisable to choose the size and dosage carefully. This is because, in some cases, the food spills out of the bowl.
Note that the side of this product is not that high. Put in the right amount of food for your English Bulldog.
The most common criticism about a product is its price. It really isn’t the cheapest bowl on my list, but you can be sure you can’t really find a better one in terms of quality.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog bowl: 9.8
2. Durapet OurPets Premium Slow Feed Dog Bowl – Runner Up
In many respects, this product is similar to the previous one. This is because it is also made for rapid eater flat-faced dogs (e.g., Bulldogs). There is a potential for various digestive health risks in fast and rapid-eating dogs. These include gastrointestinal discomfort, choking, or bloating.
If you have such a fast-eating dog, be sure to consider this bowl. There is a solid piece in the middle of this product. Because of this, your dog will only be able to eat at the edge of the bowl. Virtually similar principles work for all slow-feed bowls.
The product measures 9.5×9.5×2.4 inches weighs 8.2 ounces and has a capacity of 4 cups. This is perfect for small to medium-sized dogs. Otherwise, the product is made of stainless steel. This is positive because this material is durable, rust- and odor-free, and dishwasher-safe.
The ring attached to the bottom prevents tipping or skidding. So if you choose this product, you don’t have to worry about your dog making a huge mess in your house.
The only thing I miss is the special angle that would promote proper posture. However, this is more than offset by the product’s price, which is one of the cheapest on my list.
Customers are generally satisfied with the Durapet OurPets Premium Slow Feed Dog Bowl. Dogs actually eat more slowly, and this drastically reduces the chances of developing digestive problems.
However, you should be aware that the bowl will not work for all breeds. Dogs with sharper muzzles are less hampered by the special design. Fortunately for Bulldogs, you don’t have to worry about this problem.
Pet Worshiper rating: 9.7
3. FOREYY Water and Food Bamboo Elevated Pet Bowls – Best Elevated Bulldog Bowl
I love elevated pet bowls because they allow for proper posture while eating. This is good news for elderly dogs or dogs with joint problems. But such a bowl will also be good for your fast-eating Bulldog, as it is a great way to prevent choking and various digestive problems.
The product is available in several versions where the height varies. (4″ 7″ 10″ 15″). Bulldogs are about 15 to 16 inches tall, so a 4, 7, or 10-inch bowl is perfect for them.
The FOREYY product provides a long-term solution in several respects. The bowls are made of stainless steel. It is well known that this material is very durable, dishwasher safe, easy to clean, and healthy.
The stand is made of bamboo. It is very practical in terms of being waterproof. Thus you don’t have to worry about mold.
You can find anti-slip insets on the sides of the holes in the stand. These prevent the bowls from moving and result in less noise while your dog is eating. Incidentally, these anti-slip elements can also be found on the legs of the stand. The result is more confident eating and less mess.
The bowls have a capacity of about 50 oz, which is enough even for larger dogs. The product is easy to use and assemble and comes with a warranty.
According to real customers, the bowl materials are outstanding quality, sturdy, and durable. Experience has shown that the 7″ and 10″ height product will be the most ideal for English Bulldogs.
Pet Worshiper rating: 9.8
4. Our Pets Raised Dog Bone Feeding Station – Budget Elevated Option
When you think about the cost of keeping a dog, it may be a good idea to buy cheaper yet high-quality accessories. Our Pets elevated bowl is exactly such a choice. After all, this product has a lot of positive features, yet it is affordable.
The bowls are elevated, meaning your Bulldog will be able to eat with an advantageous neck position. As a result, digestion will be better, and joint load will be lower.
The product is available in 4 and 8-inch versions. The dimensions of the 4 inches version are 13.75x4x8.5. The bowls are made of stainless steel, making them durable, rust-free, and easy to clean. They can store about 1.5 cups of food. I think this is a perfect starting point for Bulldogs.
The design of the stand is demanding and cool, but the material is plastic. This makes the product less stable. In addition, there are no non-skid elements on the legs. However, the affordable price absolutely compensates for the shortcomings of the product.
Most of the online reviews are positive about the bowl. It does its job, and if you choose the right size, it will be the perfect accessory for your dog. Most complaints are about the quality of the plastic stand. Many consider it too light and flimsy.
Pet Worshiper rating: 9.4
5. AmazonBasics Dog Stainless Steel Bowl – Best Stainless Steel Bulldog Bowl
If you want something straightforward for your Bulldog, you need to consider plain stainless steel bowls. Because they are durable, easy to clean, rust-free, and don’t hold odors.
The same is true with AmazonBasics.
The product is excellent value for money as you also get two bowls for an affordable price. They weigh 1.46 pounds and have a storage capacity of 38 ounces. So you can put kibble, wet food, or water in them.
At the bottom of the bowls are good-quality rubber bases. This prevents slipping and tipping. This is good because Bulldogs are notoriously messy eaters. A stable feeding bowl is essentially a must-have for them.
The product’s simplicity can be better demonstrated by the fact that a huge percentage of reviews are positive. Most complaints came from owners whose dogs were aggressive or overly excited eaters. This is because, in such cases, the product does not prove to be durable or skid-proof enough.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog Bowl: 9.5
6. Mlife Dog Stainless Steel Water Bowl and Feeder Bowl – Runner Up Stainless Steel Option
This product is very similar to the previously reviewed AmazonBasics bowls. You also get two stainless steel bowls with a rubber base.
Experience has shown that Mlife’s product works just as well. It’s durable, odor-free, and easy to clean.
In terms of value for money, however, it lags behind Amazon Basics. The price of 16-ounce bowls is similar, but the dimensions are 8.5×6.3×2 inches. Incidentally, the product is also available in 8-, 26-, and 40-ounce versions.
The interiors of the bowls were curved. This is positive in terms of appearance. However, it would help if you were careful when adding food or water to your Bulldog because this design may allow spillage.
If for some reason, you don’t want to buy an Amazon Basics product, this could be a good alternative.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog food bowl: 9.5
7. Our Pets DuraPet Premium Dog Bowl – Premium Stainless Steel Bulldog Food Bowl
This is another stainless steel bowl, but this time from OurPets. The product is of outstanding quality, durable, and has plenty of food to hold. The capacity of 13 cups is suitable even for larger Bulldogs.
At the bottom of the bowl is a skid-proof patented silicone ring. This will prevent your pooch from causing a mess in the house while eating.
Some customers say the product is not 100% dishwasher safe. This is because of the silicone ring that retains water easily. You may want to remedy this by removing this ring before cleaning.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog bowl: 9.7
8. Waggo Dipper Bowl – Best Ceramic Option
If you want to buy a ceramic bowl for your English Bulldog, this is one of the best choices. The ceramic is pleasant to the touch and gives a cool look. The product is available in three sizes and several colors. The material is FDA approved, making it completely safe for pets.
It is easy to clean as dishwasher safe. It does not contain lead and other hazardous substances that could have a detrimental effect on your dog’s health.
The product is available in several sizes, so you are sure to find the one that suits your needs. The medium-sized bowl has dimensions of 2.75×6.5 inches with a capacity of 4 cups. From these numbers, you can see that the product is perfect for feeding Bulldogs.
Although ceramic is considered safe, you still need to know that bacteria settle on this material more easily than stainless steel. In addition, it is less durable as it is fragile. The product does not have a non-slip rubber ring. But since it’s heavyweight, experience has shown that this plus is not necessary.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog feed bowl: 9.6
9. YMAXGO Ceramics Single Flat Face Cats/Dogs Feeding Bowl – Runner Up Ceramic Option
This is another ceramic food bowl made specifically for English Bulldogs and other flat-faced dogs. It has several features that make it on my list.
The ceramic bowl has a sloping design that makes the food easily accessible. And thanks to the stand, a proper posture can be achieved. This results in easier, more efficient eating and less gas or other digestive problems.
But that’s not all: The ceramic bowl and the table stand also come with a non-slip mat. That way, you don’t have to worry about your dog eating so far. Stability is essential in a food bowl, and this product guarantees this to the maximum.
However, it will not be the most stable bowl for overly excited eaters. Many customers say it’s a little overpriced.
Pet Worshiper rating for this dog bowl: 9.6
10. Van Ness Large Crock Heavyweight Pet Dish – Best Plastic Bulldog Food Bowl
Although I don’t consider plastic bowls to be the best alternative, they do have certain benefits.
The Van Ness Dog Food Bowl is made of durable plastic tested and approved by the FDA. That way, you don’t have to worry about safety and chemicals. Plus, it’s very affordable; essentially, it’s the cheapest product on my list.
Its dimensions are 8.5 x 8.5 x 2.88 inches, weighs 0.5 pounds, and has a capacity of 52-ounce. Seeing these numbers, we can be sure that we can put enough food in the bowl for our Bulldog.
Plastic is easy to clean and dishwasher-safe, but you need to be careful because bacteria grow faster on this material.
The product is relatively stable, but for me, the rubber ring is missing from the bottom, which would prevent it from slipping. Online ratings are generally positive, but the drawbacks mentioned above are also criticized by several.
Pet Worshiper rating for this bowl: 9.5
11. COMSUN Extra Large 2-Pack Collapsible Dog Bowl – Best Foldable Option
If you order this product, you will receive two bowls that are perfect for travel. The biggest advantage of this is that you can water and feed your Bulldog simultaneously during the trip.
Due to the collapsible design, both bowls easily fit in your travel bag. Product dimensions: 2.5×7 inches, folded 0.25 inches high. Both bowls can store 3 cups of food or drink to meet the needs of Bulldogs.
The silicone material is lightweight and considered safe. Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
Of course, this product is not as stable as stainless steel bowls, but that is not to be expected from a travel accessory.
Pet Worshiper rating for this Bulldog bowl: 9.5
How to choose the right food bowl for your English bulldog
Of course, you want to buy the best bowl for your Bulldog. However, there are a few things you need to consider before making a final decision. These will be discussed below.
- The face structure of your dog: The faces of the Bulldogs are quite unique. Due to their flat shape, bowls with too many edges or folds are not suitable for them. It would be best if you chose a food bowl that has the simplest possible shape. That way, nothing will hurt your beloved Bully’s nose.
- The habits of your dog: The nature and behavior of your dog always determine what equipment you need to buy for him. If your Bulldog is eating aggressively, you should not buy a fragile bowl. In this case, plastic or stainless steel is the best choice. In the case of a strong chewer dog, however, you must also forget about plastic. If your puppy is a calm eater and doesn’t chew much, then material won’t be an important consideration. Aggressive and vehement eating also increases the risk of the bowl tipping over. In such cases, you should look for weighted products that do not tip over due to their design.
- The eating speed of your dog: Some dogs eat extremely fast. This is not very beneficial from a health point of view. In this case, you need to look for a slow feeder bowl. However, if your dog is eating slowly, you can buy any bowl except the slow feeder.
- Size of your dog: Larger dogs need a larger feeding bowl. You should know how much food your Bulldog eats in a day, as you need to choose a product accordingly. Elevated bowls are practical as they make eating more comfortable for dogs. The bigger your Bulldog, the bigger elevation you need.
- Safety of the bowl: Of course, safety must be a priority. And what makes a food bowl safe? You need to know its durability, building material, and chemicals. Online reviews can also help you with this topic.
- Easy to clean: You may want to choose a food bowl whose material and design allow for easy cleaning. This will prevent the growth of bacteria and prevent various health risks in your Bulldog.
- Price: Keeping a dog can cost a lot as it is worth buying the best of each accessory. The high price is often associated with durability and high quality. However, this does not mean that you can only get a good food bowl for your Bulldog at a horrible price. Stainless steel and plastic products are affordable yet durable options.
- Durability: You may want to get the most durable feeding bowl possible. This is because poor-quality products are accident-prone and do not benefit your budget in the long run. After all, you’re better off buying the higher-priced premium bowl once than if you had to buy the same shoddy product over and over again regularly.
What are the benefits of a well-chosen English Bulldog food bowl?
Of course, a well-chosen accessory always has advantages. So, what are these in the case of a Bulldog food bowl? I will detail below:
- Your Bulldog’s meals will be much more efficient.
- Your dog’s position while eating will change positively. This way, the digestion will also be better.
- Eating will be slower, thus avoiding overeating and vomiting.
- The advantageous body position also prevents strain on the back and neck.
- A good dog bowl is usually stable. This will make it harder to tip over and cause less clutter.
You can see that getting such a bowl is essential for your English Bulldog. After all, you can improve his living conditions, and there will be less mess in your household.
What material food bowl should you choose for your Bulldog?
For food bowls, you can come across three common materials. Plastic, ceramic, and stainless steel. All three have their benefits, and you can decide based on your individual taste.
However, stainless steel is best, as it is the most durable, hygienic, and easiest to clean. Bacteria have less adhesion to stainless steel, which also reduces the chances of developing various infections.
Of course, you can also choose plastic and ceramic food bowls for your English Bulldog, but in this case, be prepared for more careful cleaning.
How should you long last the bowl?
The best quality food bowls are made of plastic or stainless steel. They are quite durable and long-lasting. You definitely don’t have to be afraid of corrosion. However, there are a few more useful tips to keep in mind.
- Clean the bowl after each use.
- When your dog is done with the meal, put it in a safe place.
- Don’t let your Bulldog play with it.
- If there is a part of the bowl that can be easily chewed, pay attention to it. Such as the rubber part at the bottom.
Frequently asked questions about English bulldog food bowl
My choice for the best food bowl for bulldogs
In my article, I presented the best dog bowls for English Bulldogs based on different perspectives. They all have certain benefits, so you may want to decide based on your individual preferences in many cases. My favorite is the Enhanced Pet Bowl, as it was developed specifically for these types of dogs.