- 6 Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015 In 2020
- 1. Dell Ultra HD 4K Monitor P2415Q 24-Inch Monitor
- 2. Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4K UHD LED-Lit Monitor
- 3. AOC U2879VF 28-inch Class LED 4K Monitor
- 4. Asus PB238Q 23-Inch Monitor
- 5. LG 4K UHD 27UD88-W 27-Inch LED-Lit Monitor
- 6. Lenovo L24i-20 Monitor, 23.8″ FHD IPS Monitor
- Buying Guide To Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015
In the search for the Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015? Then now that you are at the right place as we will be telling you what are the Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015 that you can get in 2020.
With the ever-developing technological world, people’s choices for better and efficient devices have played a major contribution in manufacturing better quality products every year to satisfy consumer demands. With the ongoing mass production of goods, we can now purchase good quality products at a much lower price than years ago.
In this way, monitors have come up with better features with the advancement in technology. Watching the screen in poor pixel conditions has now become a long-forgotten practice with the availability of higher resolution displays.
With rapid advancements in the display, the current common resolutions ranging between 1920p x 1080p and 2880p x 1800p with the 4K and 5K displays take a step beyond the normal, packing millions of pixels lower-resolution displays of the same size.
These ultra-high resolution displays were given the name ‘Retina Displays’ by Apple Inc as to the marketing term. Selecting the best monitor can differ from individual to individual based on his/her requirement. One which might be suited for gaming might not be suitable for other official work or vice versa.
So, based on the task required to be done, one has to select the model which will give benefits and is easy to handle while performing the task.
Since we are dealing with reviewing monitors best suited for MacBook pro-2015, basic knowledge for Apple manufactured laptops are necessary. Macintosh is the line of computers – desktop or laptop – working on macOS versions, Apple’s operating system for computers.
The MacBook pro-2015 features 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 3MB L3 cache CPU. It uses Intel Iris Graphics 6100 with an 8GB RAM. It offers 128GB SSD storage with two Thunderbolt 2, two USB 3.0, SDXC card slot, HDMI, headphone ports.
To make a suitable purchase for a monitor, you first need to know what your Mac has to offer. With this, you can buy the best monitor for your MacBook pro-2015. The buyer’s guide below will help determine the ideal monitor for your MacBook pro-2015 based on display, compatibility, price, and more.
6 Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015 In 2020
We have provided a brief review of the above listed top 6 best monitors for MacBook pro-2015. For each of the five products listed in this article for you, we have written a brief description of the product, followed by a set of pros and cons, which will help you notice the specifics of each monitor and help you in the decision of making the right purchase.
1. Dell Ultra HD 4K Monitor P2415Q 24-Inch Monitor
With this monitor, you can expect beautiful 4K clarity with over 8 million pixels along with wide color coverage at 99% sRGB on a 23.8-inch Ultra HD Monitor. This will help you see extremely fine details on-screen, enabling you to view and edit higher resolution photos and more.
It can connect to various peripherals – laptops, tablets, and other devices without compromising the picture quality. You can also customize your viewing experience with a height-adjustable stand or even mount it on the wall by detaching the stand with a VESA-compatible 100mmx100mm wall mount kit.
It has an eco-conscious design with the monitor being free of BFR/PVC (excluding external cables) and has arsenic-free glass, mercury-free LED panel, and a chassis made of over 25% post-consumer recycled materials.
- It has a reasonably small input lag with complete input lag time being 11.85ms or ¾ of a frame
- Per test performed by PC Monitors set at factory defaults, the monitor provides an impressive contrast
- The monitor has a good color temperature uniformity setting.
- It comes excellently calibrated
- Suited for photo editing
- IPS glow – the light on the corners of the screen, which can reduce some of the peripheral detail
- It may not be best suited for gaming or any fast-moving programs on-screen as the 60Hz monitor could cause issues
- The texture-surface is somewhat too grainy
2. Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4K UHD LED-Lit Monitor
With a much-sophisticated design and engineering, the UE590 is much more than a monitor with stunning looks. You will be able to connect multiple Ultra HD devices such as PCs and gaming consoles, with two HDMI inputs plus a one DisplayPort input on the back panel. You can enjoy upgraded HDMI (v2.0) supporting UHD resolutions at a 60Hz refresh rate.
It comes with a Picture-in-Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology. You will be able to multitask easily. PIP 2.0 maintains the original resolution of the source, plus you can adjust the size and position of the PIP window to fit your needs.
The product offers viewing in stunning Ultra HD picture quality using a staggering 8 million pixels and an incredible 1 billion colors for unparalleled realism. AMD FreeSync with 1ms response helps you enjoy smooth images and even the fastest on-screen motion in clarity.
- The monitor comes with an elegant and minimal look with a stable, compact, and aesthetically pleasing stand
- The display offers a great picture quality with the use of a 10-bit color display panel producing over a billion colors
- This monitor provides you normal connectivity and the ability to multitask using the PIP modes
- The monitor offers a flicker-free backlight reducing the strain in your eyes by reducing blur-light and making the picture look softer and facilitates prolonged use
- With an excellent screen response time of only 1 ms, it provides an excellent choice for gamers
- The monitor offers limited flexibility, so you will not be able to adjust the height or swivel it in any direction
- No USB ports are found on this screen, so you won’t be able to watch media from external storage directly or use the screen as a USB hub
- The TN panel used generally has terrible viewing angles, and color shifta can occur at 40 degrees
3. AOC U2879VF 28-inch Class LED 4K Monitor
The AOC U2879VF offers a professional, high-quality, non-glare TN panel for fast refresh. The UHD allows a detailed and sharper display with a 4K resolution. Its 10-bit panel boasts over a billion colors, and the FRC (Frame-Rate-Control) technology enhances the color depth.
The AMD FreeSync Technology gives high-performance solutions for gamers eliminating any tearing or stuttering and prevents any lag. It features a sleek and attractive design for professional-grade use. It has a pixel response time of 1 ms GTG, so fast actions on the screen will be rendered smoothly without any smear or ghosting.
The monitor offers VGA, DVI HDMI (MHL), DisplayPort connections along with a line-out for audio.
- The product has excellent screen uniformity in terms of both color and luminescence
- The bezel of the display measures a thin 17mm making it ideal for multi-screen setup
- The support for MHL allows quick connectivity to android smartphones or tablets (media devices)
- It is one of the fastest monitors in the market with a response time of 1 ms, making it suitable for gaming
- The monitor gives a good image quality with Ultra HD display at a low price
- The design of the display does not support the universal VESA standard; this prevents wall-mounting
- There is a slight under-saturation of the red color on display, which cannot be fixed through software
- The maximum refresh rate is limited to 75Hz, which may not be the most preferable for fast-paced action
4. Asus PB238Q 23-Inch Monitor
The Asus PB238Q is a versatile monitor suitable for high-quality visual clarity. It offers an IPS panel with an ultrawide 178-degree viewing angle. With the reproduction in the sRGB color space, it produces detailed graphics with precise color accuracy. The PB238Q offers connectivity with a vast array of ports, including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, and D-sub ports.
It also features four USB 2.0 ports on both sides and bottom panels for easy connection with external USB-enabled devices. It has a convenient audio playback with a dual in-built 2-watt speaker. For improved comfort, the monitor can tilt, pivot, swivel, and adjust the height for the ideal viewing position.
- The complete input lag time is 7.4 ms or under ½ of the frame, which is pretty low
- It has thin bezels with side bezels being 13mm thin and bottom bezel at 18mm
- The monitor is easily adjustable to fit a comfortable position
- Good color accuracy as the monitor covers all of the sRGB space and represents accurate colors
- The display also has a good luminance uniformity providing an evenly lit image
- The AHVA glow on the sides and corners could reduce some of the peripheral detail
- The HDMI connections, DisplayPort 1.2 are limited to 30Hz
- The 60Hz maximum refresh rate could cause issues with fast-moving objects on the screen
5. LG 4K UHD 27UD88-W 27-Inch LED-Lit Monitor
The LG monitor offers amazing quality resolution with over 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum providing a great tool for professional photographs, graphic designers, or any other. It features calibration hardware and a color calibration pro to ensure color accuracy.
The On-Screen Control makes it easier to manage many monitor settings via the on-screen window. You can also customize your screen layout with 14 options, including PIP. It gives you a better, more dynamic, and stable gaming experience with 4K UHD resolution plus FreeSync technology.
It provides an additional game mode feature for optimal gaming. The Black stabilizer keeps visibility even in dark scenes. The overall design is sleek, accentuated by the new ArcLine stand, and the smooth base ensures stability with dependable performance.
- This device has a good response time at 5 ms and input lag at 9.8 ms
- It has multiple displays, presets, and modes (14), enabling you to choose what suits you the most
- The LG monitor offers varied connectivity options – two HDMI 2.0 ports, one DisplayPort 1.2, and a USB-C port plus two USB 3.0 ports
- With almost no visible bezels, the display is great for multi-purpose setups
- The screen produces over a billion colors and covers 99% of the sRGB color spectrum The monitor comes calibrated for color accuracy, but can also be further adjusted using LG software
- The USB 3.0 ports are difficult to access as they are located on the back of the monitor facing away from the body
- The size of the stand is quite big, so it might be difficult to adjust to some tables
- It is not possible to swivel the monitor due to its static stand
6. Lenovo L24i-20 Monitor, 23.8″ FHD IPS Monitor
You can enjoy a flawless function with a blend of superb form in its 23.8-inch FHD wide-view display. The Lenovo L24i-20 offers a vivid-viewing experience in a ner-frameless elegant In-Plane Switching display, with the ability to fit even in compact spaces.
You can enjoy wide-angle viewing without any annoying reflection, distortion, or ghosting. The clutter-free cable management and connectivity make it a suitable choice for home or office.
- The slim profile makes it look sleek with barely any noticeable footprint on your desk
- The displays remain sharp, with the three million to one dynamic contrast ratio
- The response time of 7ms and refresh rate of 60Hz prevents you from experiencing ghosting
- Additional ports beyond the basic connectivity are not provided
Buying Guide To Best Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015
Each product reviewed above has its own set of pros and cons. One must make sure to review each product carefully before making the purchase. The various questions must be put up before buying.
Whether the computer will be able to perform the task that needs to be done, the size of the screen, the display quality, the color uniformity, contrast, the connectivity to external devices, the price, and much more of the required set of conditions.
While making the purchase, it is also necessary to take certain precautions by checking whether all the parts of the device are present. Though Apple offers versions of Mac models, certain features remain common for all:
For the past years, all the Mac models have been using Intel microprocessors similar to the ones used in most PCs. They use processors featuring two or more processor cores, which allows them to work faster. They allow the main memory greater than 4GB as they support 64-bit operation.
Mac comes with two types of memory – Random Access Memory (RAM) and Hard drive mass storage.
All versions of Mac include GPU (Graphic processor unit) for the speedy display of pictures and videos.
- High-performance data I/O and Video Output
All new models of Mac feature Thunderbolt input/output port compatible with Mini DisplayPort for high definition video displays and allow the peripheral connection.
The software consists of various versions of macOS, the latest version of macOS is 10.15. It is always advantageous to have the latest version installed on the computer.
- LED Displays
All Mac displays offer screen lighting with LEDs rather than fluorescent lamps, which contain trace amounts of mercury (hazardous material).
- Wireless networking support
All versions have in-built wireless networking featuring the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth standards. In fact, Apple was the first computer company to embrace Wi-Fi using its own brand name ‘AirPort.’
- Headset jack
All models have a minijack that works with regular headphones plus Apple iPhone compatible headsets.
All models except MacBook Air and the mini can read, play, and write (burn) CDs and multiplayer DVDs with the incorporation of Apple’s SuperDrive. For the mini and Air models, an optional external SuperDrive is available.
- Wired Networking Supports
Some versions of Mac support Gigabit Ethernet jacks for wired networking and connection to high-speed cable and DSL modems.
- No in-built Dialup Modems or Floppy Disk
Since it is not available, you could make a purchase of an Apple Modem as an accessory, and external USB floppy drives are available from third parties.
Do remember to take into consideration the warranty period if any mishaps do occur.
- Best Monitor for Designers
- Best Monitor for Programming
To sum up, we have provided you with five options for theBest Monitor for MacBook Pro 2015. The five listed products all give a high-resolution 4K display but offer very different features which may be advantageous or may prove to be useless.
The above reviews provide you with brief descriptions of each product, followed by a list of pros and cons of each product. We have also summarized the specifics of each product in a tabular form providing you with information about its size, resolution, the product URL for you to visit, and the average customer rating of the products.
This might help you further narrow down your choice to a specific product. To get the most suitable device, do keep in mind all the conditions that need to be fulfilled. This was all for the reviews, hope it helps with your purchase. All you have to do is to select which is best suited for your use.