- Top 10 Ring Lights for Photography
- 1. Neewer 18-inch SMD LED Ring Light
- 2. Neewer LED Ring Light 14″
- 3. Godox Witstro Ring Flash AR400 Flash and LED
- 4. ESDDI PLV-R432 18-inch Ring Light
- 5. FotodioX Selfie Starlite Vlog 18” Bi-Color Ring Light Kit
- 6. UBeesize 8″ Selfie Ring Light with Tripod Stand
- 7. Rotolight Neo 2
- 8. Neewer 48 Macro LED Ring Flash Bundle
- 9. Yesker Ring Light 18 Inch 65W LED
- 10. Inkeltech Ring Light – 18” 60 W Dimmable LED Ring Light Kit
- Closing down
Best ring lights have always been adored by macro photographers. Today, in a world where social media and social proofs are ruling over the marketing strategies, vloggers from YouTube, influencers from Instagram, and inspirers on Pinterest are highly attracting the audience with their captivating and eye-pleasing visual content.
To make sure that such photographers, as well as eCommerce marketers, are making the most of their content, using the best ring lights for photography can extremely improve the results.
So, if you’re looking to enhance the quality of your vlogs, posts, Reels, Zoom meetings, or interviews, I’ve created the list of 10 best ring lights so that you can create the content that beats the rest.
Top 10 Ring Lights for Photography
1. Neewer 18-inch SMD LED Ring Light
The number one on our list of best ring lights for photography is the massive, Neewer 18-inch ring light. Neewer has always manufactured the best photography equipment, and there’s no wonder for its product to be on the top.
Here are a few things that you’ll get along with this ring light for photography:
- Flexible arm and hot shoes for positioning
- 59” stand height
- Orange and white filters
- Long chord and heavy-duty thumb screws
- Hot shoe adapter
This ring light is considered best for videos of makeup tutorials and portraits. You get a total power output of 55W from its 240 LED lights. Also, its simple but effective Bluetooth smartphone remote enables you to take photos and start or stop a video recording without even touching your phone.
Given the size, utilities, performance, and price, this is one of the best ring lights for photography.
2. Neewer LED Ring Light 14″
Next in the list of best ring lights is again, Neewer. Now, if 18” is too large for you, then you may go for a 14” variant. It’s just as good as its larger version. It weighs almost 5 pounds and comes with similar accessories as the larger one.
Though it has 180 LEDs with 36W of power, hence, not as brightly as the 18” version. You get a water-resistant case for protection that can fit the ring light as well as the accessories.
3. Godox Witstro Ring Flash AR400 Flash and LED
This is one of those ring lights for photography that fits on camera. Thanks to its built-in LED lights, it also doubles as a constant video light.
It works best for outdoor portraits and fashion photography. You can also use this ring light for macro too. A few highlights of this ring light for photography are:
- This ring light is pretty powerful with its .05 to 2.8 second recycle time
- The adjustable power from 1/1 – 1/128 gives fantastic versatility and the choice of blending the ring light with the surrounding lights.
- The battery life is an exceptional 450 flashes on full power
With all the benefits that come with this ring light for photography, the only two drawbacks are that its 1.4 kg weight and the inability to adjust the color temperature without modifiers.
4. ESDDI PLV-R432 18-inch Ring Light
ESDDI PLV-R432 is another giant 18” ring light for photography with 48 W of power. You get the color temperature from 3000L to 6500K.
This ring light is perfect for capturing macro photographs, producing circular catchlights and soft lighting. The kit includes everything you may need to kick start your vlogging or photography project. It majorly includes a light stand, case, and a phone clip.
However, as for the drawback, the phone clip isn’t too great and you can’t mount a camera to the light. Thus, you may need to set up a separate tripod.
Though, given its quality, it deserves to be in the top 5 best ring lights for photography.
5. FotodioX Selfie Starlite Vlog 18” Bi-Color Ring Light Kit
If you’re looking for the best ring lights for photography, vlogging, selfies, or makeup tutorials, this ring light has almost everything to satisfy your needs at an affordable price.
This is another 18” ring light that has a 100-240 VAC power supply, and you get a 2-year warranty.
- Here’s what more you can expect from this best ring light for photography:
- A phone holder
- A case
- The dual-color ring light enables you to adjust the temperature between 3200K to 5600K
- Adjustable power from 10% to 100 percent
Here’s what might disappoint you:
- This ring light for photography is not battery powered, so, it isn’t made for on-site work
- It doesn’t come with a stand. Hence, you may need to chip out some extra bucks unless you already have one.
6. UBeesize 8″ Selfie Ring Light with Tripod Stand
This is one of the best ring lights for photography that you can get your hands on at an affordable price and a portable size.
It’s an 8” ring light that comes with the following things:
- A tripod
- Remote control
- Three color lighting modes, and
- It can work with most USB inputs
The 3 color lighting modes are Warm Light of 3000K, Cool White Light of 4500K, and Day Light of 6000K. Each mode has 33 options in total with 11 brightness levels.
This ring light for photography is compatible with almost all smartphones, with or without the case.
7. Rotolight Neo 2
Rotolight Neo 2 is a great ring light for photography that gets the power source from 6x AA batteries, It weighs only 354 gms and has bicolor lighting. You can make color temperature adjustments from 3150K to 6300K.
This rig light is basically the typical ‘doughnut-shaped’ ring light. It may not deliver the same circular catchlights and sculpted soft lights for portraits.
However, what you may expect:
- A whopping 1840 lux at a distance of 3ft. Making it a perfect setup for videos and stills
- D-Tap port
- AC adapter
8. Neewer 48 Macro LED Ring Flash Bundle
If you’re looking for a more manageable and portable approach to the ring lights, then I must say that you can completely go for this ring light for photography. Neewer 48 Macro LED Ring Light can be attached to the camera lenses.
It is budget-friendly, lightweight, and has a range of filters. You may use blue, yellow, white, and standard.
It is best known for its long battery life that allows you to continue your photoshoot with no worries.
9. Yesker Ring Light 18 Inch 65W LED
This ring light for photography comes with a complete kit that includes a tripod for sturdy operations. The light has a crisp and clean effect that you may utilize for your YouTube and other videos.
Adjust the temperature from 3200 K to 5600 K without using any color filters. This ring light for photography also comes with 12 heat-dissipating holes that keep your ring light cool and allows it to live longer than the others.
If you are not into purchasing the whole kit, then you may choose to purchase just the ring light for photography.
10. Inkeltech Ring Light – 18” 60 W Dimmable LED Ring Light Kit
Though a little more expensive than the other ring lights for photography, this ring light is completely worth its price. It’s fancy and has some excellent tech features.
If you are a professional and ready to invest a little bit more, then this one’s the perfect choice for you. Just as our number one pick, the Inkeltech Ring light for photography is also 18” and comes with a hot shoe and a phone clip.
It can adjust the color temperature from 3000K to 6000K. You can use the remote to change the settings that come with it.
Ring lights for photography are a perfect choice for vloggers, influencers, and photographers that are regularly engaged with makeup and portrait photoshoots.
The list mentioned above consists of 10 such best ring lights for photography that can help you accomplish the purpose.
If you wish to learn more about eCommerce, product photography, Product photo editing, and how to grow online, subscribe to the PixelPhant email newsletter below.
Also, if you’re a professional photographer or an e-commerce business owner who wishes to get his/her thousands of product images edited within a few hours, then you better start your free trial with PixelPhant now 👇. Get your images retouched, edited, color corrected, or just a Clipping path created that you can use forever.