SD card is the smallest storage medium which can store various types of data such as audio, messages, videos, or many more. It is used in portable devices including digital cameras, laptops, or mobile phones. Like any electronic device, an SD card can undergo physical damage, file system corruption as well as virus infection and you might lose all your important files that are saved in the SD card. That’s when SD card backup plays an essential role in protecting data against virus attacks or any other damage.
Another important reason why you should back up your SD card is to free up the extra space. Undoubtedly, the SD card comes with great storage capacity, but sometimes a small error will lead to losing the data stored on the SD Card. That’s why a backup of the SD card is indispensable. In this guide, you will get to know how to backup SD card data.
3 Ways to Do SD Card Backup to Computer
On the Internet, you will get plenty of ways to create an SD card back up to the computer. But, only a handful of them will work efficiently and give your desired results. Below, there are three best ways on how to backup SD card data that are most preferable and recommended to users.
Way 1: Copy and Paste Files to Backup SD Card
- Take out the SD card from your device and insert it into the card reader, connect the card reader to the topdeblogs.com: If you are using an SD card in your Android or tablet, then you can directly connect your Android device to a computer for SD card backup.
- Find the SD card folder on your computer and then look for the files on your SD card that you want to back up.
- With CTRL+C, copy the files and then use CTRL+V to paste files on the target location of a computer. You can also simply drag and drop files from SD card to computer.
Way 2: Backup SD Card with AOMEI Backupper Pro
AOMEI Backupper Professional is an all-in-one, reliable, and efficient Windows PC backup tool. Designed for both commercial and personal use, it has enough capacity to backup data from an SD card to a computer with ease. This backup software consists of every feature that must be present in one perfect backup tool.
- As powerful backup software, it offers a user-friendly interface that has made the backup process much easier.
- It is 100% safe and secure to use the SD card backup software on the computer and there is no fear of virus attack while downloading it.
- Apart from backing up the SD card, it can also back up a computer system, partition, disk, and many removable storage devices like a USB flash drive.
- It works with every Windows version including the latest Windows 10 and is compatible with almost all file systems such as FAT32, FAT16, and many more.
- When it comes to backup speed, it offers the highest speed among all the backup tools that are present on the Internet. Hence, it is the ideal tool for the SD card backup.
Before backing up the SD card, you should insert an SD card to the USB card reader and connect the card reader to your computer. Now follow the complete step-by-step guide to backup SD Card data with AOMEI Backupper software.
Step 1 Download and Install
To begin the backup process, download and install the AOMEI Backupper software on your computer. After that, run the software. From the main interface of the software, choose the “Disk Backup” option.
Step 2 Select a Disk to backup
Now, on your computer, find the SD card that you have plugged in and then choose it as Source topdeblogs.com that, select a target or destination location where you want to create your SD card data backup.
Step 3 Start SD Card Backup
Finally, click on the “Start Backup” to begin the backup process. It will only take a few minutes to backup SD card data to your computer.
Way 3: Use Disk Clone for SD Card Backup
AOMEI Backupper Professional offers an amazing utility Disk clone that can be used for SD card backup. The disk clone can copy all data from one disk to another. You can do it either sector by sector or bit by bit. It executes its disk clone feature without losing any data. In the case of data migration, the disk clone plays a vital role in moving the data easily and quickly. So, it is indirectly creating a backup of your data by cloning to another location.
With Disk Clone, you can clone SD card either to a computer or to other larger SD cards. The best part of the AOMEI Backupper Professional tool is that it can clone without interrupting currently running applications as it is a hassle-free task. The disk clone can also upgrade the hard disk from the old to the new one without reinstallation of any program on the computer.
The same is that you should first use a card reader to connect your SD card to the computer. Here is the stepwise guide on how to backup SD Card data with AOMEI Backupper Professional Disk clone feature:
Tips on SD Card Data Backup
There are some useful tips that you can use while SD card backup with AOMEI Backupper Professional tool.
- If you want to manage your data backup perfectly, then AOMEI Backupper Professional software offers another Compress and Encrypt utility through backup options. When you restore files, then it becomes easy for you to find specific files. Otherwise, a large amount of time will be required to search for a particular folder or file on your computer.
- Want to move data regularly or backup SD card data? Then, you can go to the “Schedule Settings” and can select the option you want whether daily, weekly, or monthly. Then, set up a scheduled backup.
- AOMEI Backupper Professional offers a great feature to manage disk space and you can do this from Scheme option and check this option. This feature is present in only the AOMEI Backupper pro version. From the Scheme option, you can also delete your previous backup versions. So, this feature of the software is great for managing disk space.
- While disk clone, you can also resize partitions from the “Edit partitions on the destination disk” option. It is for using the full capacity of the disk.
In case your data get lost without backup, we also recommend you to use wonershare Recoverit to recover your data.
View More >
That’s all for SD card backup. This guide is a complete solution for creating SD card data backup to the computer. AOMEI Backupper is the best software for memory card backup and it is most trusted and preferred by many users worldwide. There are many types of memory cards such as compact flash, Micro SD, and many more. AOMEI Backupper is capable of all types of memory card backup with great ease.