Quick tips for using Pre-Seed lubricant
What is Pre-seed?
Pre-Seed lubricant was developed by a sperm physiologist to provide a safe and friendly environment for sperm that would not damage or hinder them in their progress to reach the egg and fertilise it. At the time it was developed there was no safe alternative to use when you were trying to conceive.
When to use Pre-Seed
- You only need to use it on the approach to and during the fertile time of the month. The rest of the month use your normal water-based lubricant as long as it is not spermicidal, which will probably work out cheaper for you. If you prefer to you can use Pre-seed all month.
- If you are using the lubricant via the vaginal applicator many women have found it is best to apply it about 15 minutes prior to intercourse.
How to use Pre-Seed
- You can either use it just as an external lubricant at the time of foreplay and intercourse or you can apply it via the vaginal applicators prior to intercourse, or you may use a combination of both. It really depends how much natural lubrication there is. If you have good natural lubrication once you are aroused you may find that you do not need to use the applicators at all.
- You can apply Preseed lubricant to yourself or your partner during foreplay in the same way as you would with a normal lubricant.
How to fill the Preseed vaginal applicators
- Before you start, take the time to read the instructions at your leisure and familiarise yourself with the applicators and the tube.
- Make sure the applicator plunger is fully in before you start
- Take the lid off the tube of Pre-Seed (make sure to put it somewhere safe as you must replace it after use or the lubricant will dry out)
- Twist the vaginal applicator onto the threads of the Pre-Seed tube and then squeeze the lubricant into the applicator
- It is best to squeeze from the bottom so that you don’t waste any of the lubricant
- How much you choose to use is up to you. The first time we suggest that you fill it up to the 3g fill line and then you will know if this is right or too much, or too little.
- Unscrew the tube from the applicator. Hold the applicator upright while doing this to avoid the lubricant leaking out.
- Put the cap back on the tube
- Now gently insert the vaginal applicator into the vagina until it is about halfway in
- Then slowly push the plunger to release the lubricant. Do not rush this.
- Throw the applicator away after use. It is very important not to re-use the vaginal applicators as this could cause infection.
How to apply Pre-seed without an applicator
If you do not have any applicators left but you still have some Pre-Seed left in the tube then use it as an external lubricant and apply it to your partner or yourself using your fingers.
How much Pre-Seed to put in the applicator
- It is really a matter of trial and error and finding what works best for you
- The ideal scenario is for it to provide lubrication without providing so much lubrication that the man is under stimulated and has difficulty getting to orgasm.
- Many women find that between the 2-3g fill line is best
What to do after intercourse
- If you can stay in bed and go to sleep. resist the urge to get up and do the housework. Give those little swimmers the best chance possible to swim up and fertilise the egg.
Good luck everyone and have fun with your baby making xx