- How do I backup my SD card so I can format it? – 3 ways
- 2 Situations to Backup Data from an SD Card for Smartphone before formatting on Android:
- Method #1- Backup Mobile Phone SD Card Data to Computer (copy and paste)
- Method #2 – Backup sd card data from phone to usb/hdd using OTG without computer
- Method #3 – SD Memory Card Backup Software for Android Phone
- Method #4 – Backup deleted/inaccessible Data from SD Card
- Restore SD Card Data from Google Drive to Android Phone
- Hot Articles
- Related Articles
- Data Recovery > Howto Articles > How to backup & restore SD memory card data on android mobile phone
How to backup & restore SD memory card data on android mobile phone PC – 4 ways
Last updated on Oct 20, 2021
How to backup SD card/micro SD card for android phone to computer/Google drive? (Healthy sd card or corrupted sd card?)
How do I backup my SD card so I can format it? – 3 ways
- Backup file from memory card to free cloud drive such as Google G Drive
- Back up file in memory card to a computer by copy and paste and then format memory card safely
- How to backup data on sd card before formatting? How do I save my photos before formatting my SD card => Save photos from inaccessible sd card with iCare Pro free from computer and then format sd card
Also read: how to format sd card without losing data
2 Situations to Backup Data from an SD Card for Smartphone before formatting on Android:
1. Backup data from healthy memory card (when the sd card is still working properly) – 3 ways -> read here
You may use SD card backup software for Android or copy data from SD card to computer, or any cloud service to backup an SD memory card when the card still works normally before formatting or factory resetting android phone. [illustrated later]
2. Backup data from deleted/inaccessible SD memory card (card is damaged or files deleted) – 1 way -> read here
You need to use SD card recovery software to do the job if you want to backup the SD because it is corrupted/reports errors/becomes inaccessible.
Method #1- Backup Mobile Phone SD Card Data to Computer (copy and paste)
The easiest way to backup data from an SD card of mobile phone to computer is to use a card adaptor or card reader.
1. Connect Connect the SD card to your computer via a card reader/USB cable, after which PC will recognize it as a removable device.
2. Copy & paste Open SD memory card on computer and copy all data you need to backup and then paste it to your computer’s disk.
Copy sd card data and paste to computer
Advantage – Easy to handle and100% free Disadvantage – It is not able to backup applications installed on Android phone SD card.
Method #2 – Backup sd card data from phone to usb/hdd using OTG without computer
OTG to copy sd card data and paste to flash drive without computer
An OTG shall be applied in the solution for backup memory card data to external usb or flash drive without computer. You may buy one from your favorite stores since it is cost efficient for future use.
Video – how to move phone data to pendrive using OTG
Method #3 – SD Memory Card Backup Software for Android Phone
There is a lot of backup&restore memery card app or backup software for SD card online, with which you can backup any data including App data on SD memory card.
1. Backup SD card to Google Drive (best memory card backup restore app)
Google Drive provides online service for SD card backup, so you can use it to backup SD card data for android mobile. We would recommend you backup everything on your phone to Google drive when you need to reset your phone or format your phone.
2. Backup SD card to cloud
There are many other online cloud services, which enable you to backup SD card photos/videos/data to cloud.
Advantage – Backup everything including applications efficiently
Disadvantage – Some backup tools are not free, or some need a paid service
Method #4 – Backup deleted/inaccessible Data from SD Card
Can you backup data from a corrupted SD card for mobile phone? How to backup data if deleted from external mobile sd card? The following guide would show you how to move data from damaged memory card to anywhere else.
When users are asking ‘How to backup my old data which are deleted from my memory card from my phone’ deleted files can be backup with special tool or when SD memory card says error messages, not readable/accessible, you can use iCare Data Recovery Pro Free Edition to backup deleted files or recover files from SD card. iCare Recovery Pro is able to recover 1GB data from any corrupted memory card for free of charge.
Backup data from corrupted sd card with iCare Pro
Restore SD Card Data from Google Drive to Android Phone
- sd card format recovery
- sd card photo recovery
- sd card raw file system
- online backup for pen stick