- Best Microphone for Canon Camera – Overview
- Microphone for Canon Camera – The Best Among the Rest
- 1. Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun Microphone
- 2. Rode VideoMic Shotgun Microphone
- 3. Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Shotgun Microphone
- 4. Comica CVM-V30 PRO Microphone
- 5. PowerDeWise Lapel Microphone
- 6. Movo VXR10 Microphone
- 7. TAKSTAR SGC-598 Microphone
- 8. BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone
Best Microphone for Canon Camera – Overview
Microphone for Canon camera is such an essential gear to add decent audio to your videos or footages. These camera microphones have become a must-have accessory in this day and age, if you are deep into vlogging or YouTube videos.
Most up-to-date Canon DSLR cameras have built-in microphone for video recording. Still, YouTube vloggers and enthusiasts require a decent microphone to ensure the users get to hear clear and crisp sound.
Microphones for Canon cameras come in many shapes and sizes. From Shotgun to headset and wired to wireless, the market now offers many microphone options, something for everyone.
With that said, let’s take a look at the list of top microphone for Canon camera.
Best DSLR Microphones
MicrophoneTypeConnectorWeightPrice Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun MicrophoneShotgun3.5mm audio jack59 grams Check Price Rode VideoMic Shotgun MicrophoneShotgun3.5mm audio jack340 grams Check Price Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Shotgun MicrophoneShotgun3.5mm audio jack113 grams Check Price Comica CVM-V30 PRO MicrophoneShotgun3.5mm audio jack370 grams Check Price PowerDeWise Lapel MicrophoneLavalier3.5mm audio jack100 grams Check Price Movo VXR10 Microphone Shotgun3.5mm audio jack204 grams Check Price TAKSTAR SGC-598 Microphone Shotgun3.5mm audio jack340 grams Check Price BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier MicrophoneLavalier3.5mm audio jack122 grams Check Price
Microphone for Canon Camera – The Best Among the Rest
External camera microphones come truly handy to treat your users with an enhanced audio quality. Mics, as an accessory, are not so pricey, but when attached with the camera, the results you get are more professional.
Simply put, when using a canon camera with microphone, you don’t have to worry about the sound quality anymore. That’s because the camera’s microphone are not fit for all environments and surroundings. The pickup range of these camera microphones is not good and you might end up adding the tracks in your videos later.
So, if you are a professional YouTube vlogger or wish to start your journey, take note that an external microphone would be the considerable investment to produce great results.
1. Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun Microphone
Sennheiser is a renowned brand in the market. The MKE 400 shotgun microphone by Sennheiser is highly admired the YouTube vloggers and other videography enthusiasts. This is also a professional microphone with all-metal housing, which makes it extra-durable for outdoor vlogging.
The microphone easily attaches with DSLR cameras and camcorders via integral hot-shoe shock mount and 3.5mm audio jack connector. It also has customizable sensitivity range for close and long distances.
MKE 400 is specially designed for video recording, as it eliminates maximum ambient noises while shooting to deliver the required results.
- Compact-sized shotgun microphone for cameras
- All-metal housing for outdoor applications
- Hot-shoe mount that fits any DSLR and camcorder
- High-sensitivity wind filters to reduce ambient noises
- Single battery required for 300 hours recording
- Fur windshield included for wind noise reduction
- Switch sensitivity for close and distant recordings
2. Rode VideoMic Shotgun Microphone
Rode is one of the prominent names in the camera microphone industry. The brand manufactures premium Mics for cameras, smartphones, and smart devices. Most photography enthusiasts and professionals choose Rode VideoMic shotgun microphone for live music shooting, interviews, and meetings.
This is a pro-grade 1/2-inch condenser microphone that matches all the parameters of good external microphones. Rode VideoMic, with its super-cardioids polar pattern and two-step filter, delivers amazing studio recording audio quality.
It comes with standard shoe mount and 3.5mm audio jack connector, which makes it universally compatible with maximum cameras and smart devices.
- Pro-grade 1/2-inch condenser microphone
- 5mm audio jack universal connector
- Standard size shoe mount to connect with maximum cameras
- Rugged design with durable construction material
- Excellent studio-recording audio quality
- Windshield included to reduce extra noises
- Super-cardioids polar pattern
3. Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Shotgun Microphone
If you are a fond of shotgun microphones, then ATR-6550 by the Audio-Technica is probably the decent deal for you. This microphone is known for its crisp and clear voice pickup feature, which is highly commendable in the vlogging industry.
It gives you 2-stage video recording – Normal and Tele. From which, Normal is for interviews and recording in a close proximity and Tele is for video recording from a distance. The mic is specially designed for professional camera video recording.
The ATR-6550 comes with 3.5mm audio connector and microphone mount to easily attach with maximum DSLR cameras. It is one of the best super-cardioids condenser shotgun microphones available in the market these days.
- 5mm audio jack connector for universal compatibility
- 2-range operations – Normal (close) and Tele (distant)
- Specially designed to use with DSLR cameras
- Camera mount and stand clamp included in the kit
- Loud and clear voice pickup feature
- Professional interview and vlogging camera microphone
- Audio recording with reduced ambient noise
4. Comica CVM-V30 PRO Microphone
The professional’s camera microphone, Comica CVM-V30 Pro is a shotgun mic with 3.5mm audio jack connector. This microphone features low-cut filter function and sensitivity adjustment option to manage things according to the environment. With this microphone, all you get is excellent voice clarity for all your videos and footages.
CVM-V30 Pro by Comica is specially designed for meetings and video shooting. Features such as low-self noise, shock absorb, and anti-interference makes this camera deliver brilliant results.
The shock mount you get with this microphone assists you complete many tasks easily. It comes with cold-shoe design to fit on all cameras. You also get windscreen and windmuff inside the kit.
- Lightweight shotgun microphone for Canon cameras
- 5mm audio jack connector for universal compatibility
- Low-cut filter function and sensitivity adjustment
- Shock absorbing design to reduce vibrations noise
- Cold-shoe design mount with 1/4 screw hole
- Windscreen and windmuff included in the package
- Low-self noise feature for outstanding voice clarity
5. PowerDeWise Lapel Microphone
For those looking for a pro-grade lavalier microphone, your search ends at PowerDeWise omnidirectional lapel mic. The sound is as essential as the footages, and for such, you should go for PowerDeWise microphone without a doubt.
The headphone comes with 3.5mm audio jack connector, which makes it compatible with most cameras, smart devices, tablets, and laptops. It doesn’t require any drivers to work with any device. You just need to plug the jack and start the recording.
We all know that built-in camera microphones produce terrible sound quality. So, to make your vlogs more interesting, add professional audio with PowerDeWise lapel microphone.
- 5mm audio jack connector
- Works with Apple devices via lightning to 3.5mm jack
- Excellent audio quality
- Perfect for interviews and vlogs
- Compact-sized lapel microphone
- Extra cable included for shooting videos from distance
- Omnidirectional microphone for better converge
- Plug and play technology – no software required
6. Movo VXR10 Microphone
Best in this category, Movo brings you the complete microphone kit to make your next vlogs super-exciting. The VXR10 by Movo is an award-winning microphone with universal compatibility. It works fine with laptops, tablets, smartphones, or DSLRs.
VXR10 is a compact-sized shotgun microphone, which makes it an ideal choice for recording vlogs and professional movies. You can even shoot live music and interviews with this mic.
This durable and lightweight microphone is pocket-sized and can be carried anywhere. It doesn’t even require an extra battery to operate, just plug it in the camera and shoot your videos.
- Compact sized mic with universal compatibility
- Professional mic for YouTube videos, interviews, & live music
- Lightweight and durable aluminum construction
- No extra battery required for working
- Shockmount, furry windscreen, and cables included
- Better Shockmount to reduce vibrations
- Plug-in and go design pattern
7. TAKSTAR SGC-598 Microphone
A professional interviewing mic, the TAKSTAR SGC-598 is one of the finest in the microphone category. Choosing this accessory for your next YouTube vlogs or video recording would be the best choice for sure.
TAKSTAR SGC-598 is a high-sensitivity condenser microphone that delivers amazing sound quality. It comes with a 3.5mm standard universal connector, which makes it highly compatible with most of the DSLRs, camcorders, and more. This high quality microphone is enough to enhance the quality of your audio recordings.
The single-point pickup feature eliminates all other noises from the surroundings and captures only your voice to make videos more exciting.
- Uniquely designed camera microphone for interviews and vlogs
- 5mm universal audio connector for better compatibility
- High-sensitivity condenser microphone for enhanced audio recording
- Single-point pickup feature for noise reduction from surroundings
- Shock-resistant design with durable built
- Reduced camera vibrations noises for better results
- Prevention from electromagnetic interference
8. BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone
An outstanding external microphone for your Canon camera, the BOYA BY-M1 mic comes loaded with amazing features. It is a wired clip-on microphone for cameras, smartphones, audio recorders, and camcorders. This affordable omnidirectional condenser microphone is the right choice for entry-level beginners.
BOYA BY-M1 lavalier mic delivers high-quality results, thanks to the omni-pickup pattern and full 3600 coverage. It comes with 3.5mm audio jack connector to make it functional with most smart devices.
This lavalier microphone with a sturdy clip-on and large cable produces low-handling noise, which makes it a perfect choice for interview recording and vlogging.
- Clip-on lavalier microphone for cameras, smart devices, and camcorders
- High quality omnidirectional condenser microphone
- 5mm audio jack connector
- Suitable for audio recorders, PC, and smartphones
- Extra long cable for distant shooting
- Lightweight and durable material
- Superior design clip-on and mic for better interviewing
Best Canon cameras with a flip screen
Best External Camera Screen
Best Nikon Landscape Lens
Best Nikon Portrait Lens
Best Canon Portrait Lens
Microphone for Canon Camera