- SD Card Recovery on Mac | Expert Guide
- Tips to Recover complete files from SD card on Mac – Successfully
- Methods to Recover deleted files from SD card on Mac
- Method 1: Recover deleted SD card Photos from Mac Trash
- Method 2: Recover data from SD card using Time Machine Backup
- Method 3: Recover Deleted files from SD card on Mac using Remo Recover Mac
- 5 reasons to select Remo Recover Mac to perform SD card recovery on Mac
- Alert! Common SD card data loss Scenarios on Mac
- Tips to Avoid data loss from SD card
- Frequently Asked Questions
SD cards are not only important to save the photos or videos shot on camera or any other device, but they are also used to take a backup of your important files. Undoubtedly, losing pictures, videos or any files from an SD card can be worrisome. If you have deleted files from SD card on Mac, then you need not worry!
In this guide, you will find out the proven methods to easily recover data from SD card on Mac. And also, find FAQs and tips to successfully perform SD card recovery on any version of the Mac operating system.
In case, if you are looking for an SD card recovery tool for Mac, then use Remo Recover. It is a prominent SD card recovery software designed with powerful algorithms to recover files of any type under various data loss scenarios. Such as accidental or permanent deletion of SD card files on Mac, SD card corruption, formatted or reformatted SD card, and many more.
SD Card Recovery on Mac | Expert Guide
- 3 proven methods to recover deleted files/ photos from SD card on Mac.
- 5 reasons to use Remo SD card Recovery tool on Mac.
- Common Data loss scenarios from SD card on Mac.
- How to avoid data loss from SD?
- Frequently Asked Questions?
Tips to Recover complete files from SD card on Mac – Successfully
- Do not overwrite your SD card on which you have lost or deleted files. Adding or updating the existing files can avoid complete SD card Recovery on Mac.
- It is recommended to recover files from SD cards on Mac soon after you lose or delete them. This will ensure hassle-free recovery of deleted photos from SD card.
- If you have formatted your SD card on Mac to save some memory, or due to SD card corruption or error, it is suggested to avoid reformatting your SD card till you recover data from it.
Methods to Recover deleted files from SD card on Mac
Below are 3 reliable ways to recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or any other media files from SD card on Mac. Before you move on to it let us look at the tips given below to recover SD card files on Mac successfully.
Method 1: Recover deleted SD card Photos from Mac Trash
Trash is a temporary storage folder used to save the deleted photos and files on Mac. During accidental deletion, you can use Trash Bin to restore your SD card data.
- Open Trash bin on your Mac computer.
- Locate and select the deleted photos or files which you want to recover from Trash.
- Right-click on the selected files, and click the Put Back option to restore deleted photos from Mac Trash.
After performing the above steps, the deleted images will be recovered from the Trash to their previous location. In case, if the files are deleted permanently using Option + Command + Delete or emptied Mac Trash then, this will lead to permanent loss of data.
Note: Deleting files from SD card or any external storage devices like USB, SSD, external hard drive, etc. cannot save a copy of the deleted files in Trash.
If you are unable to locate your deleted SD card files or photos on Mac Trash, then use Time Machine Backup or a professional SD card recovery tool like Remo Recover Mac to restore permanently deleted files from SD card on Mac with ease.
Method 2: Recover data from SD card using Time Machine Backup
Time Machine backup is a renowned feature in Mac system. It helps users to restore deleted oe lost data by going back in time. Before you start with this method, make sure your Time Machine backup disk is turned on.
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the Time Machine application.
- Now, tick the checkbox Show Time Machine on the menu bar.
- Connect your Time Machine Machine Backup drive to your Mac and click the Time Machine Backup icon on the menu bar to recover deleted files, photos, or videos.
- Select the Enter Time Machine Backup option
- Now you can either select the specific date on which you have lost your files or you can go back in time hourly, daily, or weekly by clicking on the upper arrow.
- Select the deleted files or photos which you want to recover and then click Restore.
Note: If you haven’t scheduled Time Machine Backup before losing or deleted files from SD card on Mac, then the deleted files from SD card cannot be restored using this method.
In such a case, it is suggested to utilize Remo Recover Mac which is the best SD card data recovery software for Mac to easily recover deleted or lost photos. It supports file recovery from various file systems including the latest APFS, exFAT, HFS, HFS+, etc.
Method 3: Recover Deleted files from SD card on Mac using Remo Recover Mac
Download Remo Recover Mac which is a user-friendly tool to restore your important files or photos deleted from SD, USB, SSD, or external HDD with ease. This Mac SD card Recovery tool is an ultimate solution to recover more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, audio files, text files, Microsoft Office files, and many more.
Make use of the following steps to recover your permanently lost or deleted photos, audio files, videos, documents, or any other files using this Mac SD card Recovery software easily.
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover Mac software to perform SD card recovery on Mac.
Step 2: Launch this Mac SD card recovery tool and select the desired option based on your need.
- Recover Files: To recover deleted or lost files under a simple data loss/ deletion scenario from the memory card.
- Recover Photos: To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, or other media files from your SD card.
- Recover Volumes/ Drives: To recover files from complex data loss scenarios like SD card formatting/ reformatting, or SD card corruption.
Step 3: Select your SD card from the available list of drives to recover files deleted from it on Mac and click Next.
Step 4: Now, you can select a specific type of files such as (photos: PNG, JPEG, RAW-Image, TIFF, etc.) or (videos: .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) if you want to recover only specific file formats from your SD card or else click Skip option.
Note: After the completion of the scanning process, all the deleted files from SD card on Mac will be displayed in Data View and File Type View.
Step 5: Now, select the desired deleted files which you want to recover from SD card on Mac and click the Save option to restore them to a location of your choice.
- Make use of Advance Scan option to restore deleted files from SD card on Mac from complex data loss scenarios.
- After the completion of the SD card recovery process on Mac, you can preview your recovered photos or videos before saving them into your desired location.
5 reasons to select Remo Recover Mac to perform SD card recovery on Mac
- A user-friendly SD card Recovery tool designed to safely restore deleted files, photos, videos, etc. from SD card on Mac in simple clicks.
- Remo Recover Mac is compatible with all the latest versions of Mac operating systems including macOS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, and its previous versions.
- Effortlessly performs SD card recovery on Mac under various data loss scenarios starting from deletion of files to formatting, reformatting, corrupt or unreadable SD card.
- This Mac SD card recovery tool can easily recover more than 300 file types like photos, videos, audio files, text files, etc. from various brands of SD card like SanDisk, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, Sony, PNY, etc.
- Remo Recover Mac not only recovers data from SD card, SDHC, or SDXC card but it also easily recovers data from CF card, pen drive, SSD, external hard drive, and many more.
Alert! Common SD card data loss Scenarios on Mac
- Accidental or permanent deletion of files, photos, and videos from SD card on Mac.
- Formatting or reformatting SD card using Disk Utility without taking a backup of important files.
- Connecting SD card to virus-infected or malware-attacked devices.
- Sudden interruptions while transferring files from SD card.
- Improperly ejecting the SD card on a camera, phone, or Mac device.
- SD card becomes corrupt or damaged.
Tips to Avoid data loss from SD card
- Always take a regular backup of all your important files to avoid the accidental deletion of files or the formatting of SD card on Mac.
- Make sure you verify files before permanently deleting them.
- If your SD card is corrupt, inaccessible, or unreadable, it is suggested to first recover data before repairing it.
- Properly eject your SD card on a camera, Mac, or any other device.
- Do not connect your SD card to virus-infected or malware attacked devices.
- Avoid interruptions while transferring photos or files from SD card to another device.