- VEGAS Movie Studio
- KEY FEATURES:
- Why Choose Vegas Movie Studio? (PROS)
- What is unique about Vegas Movie Studio?
- Who’s it for?
- System Requirements:
- Is Vegas Movie Studio worth it?
- VEGAS Pro
- KEY FEATURES:
- Why Choose Vegas Pro? (PROS)
- What is unique about Vegas Pro?
- Who’s it for?
- System Requirements:
- Is Vegas Pro worth it?
- Main Differences Between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro
- Which Software Is Better For Video Editing, Vegas Movie Studio, or Vegas Pro?
- Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro: Who’s the Winner?
- So, Which One Should You Pick?
Nowadays, everyone is in the field of creating content for various purposes. Filming a video is not just enough and requires post-processing to make it meaningful and attractive.
The video editors are readily available in the market for providing an ability to edit the videos by giving them professional-grade tools and features.
The beginners are always in a dilemma while choosing the right product for them, and stuck in between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro.
This is where we need a comparison between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro, based on various factors and key points on which a quiet and fair choice could be made.
These products are made for all categories of people depending upon their work and requirement.
There might arise a situation where the users of these video editors are not the beginners but are the highly trained professionals who want to migrate from some other video editing software to the Vegas Pro family.
For them, Vegas Movie Studio, as well as Vegas Pro, offers plenty of effects, tools, and plugins which are either equivalent or better than the alternatives available in the market.
VEGAS Movie Studio
Vegas movie studio offers a wide range of tools and functionalities to be the choice of the professionals for editing the videos.
Those who want an editor with almost all capabilities that are present in a professional-grade video editor at a very low price range, for them Vegas Movie Studio is a great and a worthy option.
Vegas Movie Studio omits a few basic and advanced functionalities that make it a middling program. It comes with the guided video editing for the newbies to let them learn the software with any hassle.
The media could easily be picked up and be placed in the timeline to start with the editing process without much of the effort, involved for the same.
Vegas Movie Studio performs incredibly well while it works on the GPU for accelerating the performance and speed.
- Clear workflows: Users can switch between modes while working on the editor from Power-user mode for complete access and interaction to specialized user interface which has customized workflow.
- Guided Video Creator: For the beginners and the new users who do not have prior experience of using this video editor, Vegas Movie Studio comes with guides for giving the information on how to use the editor and its tools from scratch.
- Storyboard editing: Managing tracks and clips with a storyboard become much easier, manageable, and organized. The storyboard lets the user trim, cut, and arrange the clips as per the requirement, which makes the video sequencing fast and easy.
- Black Bar Filter: The black bars present in the video clips could be filled with a blurry portion of the video itself with full control to adjust the zoom and amount of blur which can be applied.
- Uploading: The projects could be directly uploaded to video streaming platforms such as Youtube, Vimeo, and Facebook with options for automating the task.
- Effects and transitions management: Now no need to find and sort the effects and transitions while working on a project, this task is made easy in Vegas Movie Studio for managing the plugins and searching them using keywords as well as flagging them as the favourite for quick access.
- Project location memory: The last state of the project is readily available from where the user has left while closing the application. When the application is again reopened, the editor retains that point and data for faster access and time consumption.
Why Choose Vegas Movie Studio? (PROS)
- Come with a friendly drag and drop interface to work on.
- Music Maker comes free with the video editor for creating soundtracks.
- The interface could be customized depending upon the ease and preference.
- Faster acceleration with GPU for better performance.
- Hover Scrub lets you peek into the important parts of the video before adding it to the project.
- Vegas Movie Studio has faster rendering due to the full utilization of hardware for accelerating the process.
- Vegas Movie studio does not offer motion tracking.
- Video stabilization feature is not available in the basic version of Movie Studio.
- It does not come with template video storyboards.
What is unique about Vegas Movie Studio?
Its one of the best features, which makes it unique in itself is its project location memory.
By using this user can start working with the project from the point where the application was closed last time. This saves a lot of time, which was earlier being wasted in just loading the project again every time.
Videos from various devices and Events can be synced and edited into a single video. This was earlier difficult and time-consuming, but now it is quick and efficient with just a few clicks.
Who’s it for?
The ones who want the same experience and a bit similar features and functionalities which come with Vegas Pro at lower price point usually prefer to use Vegas Movie Studio. Either it is a Newbie or a Professional the editor is for all.
Supported Platforms: Vegas Movie Studio runs on the Windows Platform.
- Operating System: 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10
- Processor: 2 GHz 2-core processor (3 GHz and 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- Hard Disk: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation
- RAM: 16 GB RAM (32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Sound Card: Windows-compatible sound card
- For Burning: Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only) | Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only) | Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- GPU: NVIDIA- For hardware rendering (NVEnc): NVIDIA® GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4GB | AMD/ATI- AMD/ATI® Radeon with 4GB and VCE 3.0 or higher | Intel- Intel® GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
Vegas Movie Studio editor is Priced at US$49.99 (one-time payment) and comes with a 30 Day Free Trial.
Is Vegas Movie Studio worth it?
Vegas Movie Studio is a fair deal at this price point with plenty of features loaded in it.
It gives the user full hardware utilization power for quite a good performance based on the type of hardware at the machine where it is installed.
Vegas Pro is a professional video editor that offers advanced timeline and workflow for the editor to work easily.
Creatives ideas could be given turned into reality using Vegas Pro by plenty of Tools and Functionalities offered by the editor.
It comes with detailed indicators, for visually balancing the elements, which makes it more accurate and produces the output which is rich with enhancing detailing.
Nested Timelines offered by Vegas Pro let the user access the projects independently and access a specific portion and maintain control over the project and its key areas for enhanced detailing.
The major task of an editor is to work with a part of the clip without obstructing the whole clipping, which is now possible with this video editor, which allows us to add objects and make adjustments to that particular area, which is masked using FX Masking.
- Motion Tracking: Planar Motion Tracking can track the objects which are not square, and the user is allowed to make adjustments to the attributes of the objects which are in moving perspective.
- Slideshow Creation: The slideshow can be created by combining the images in a timeline and adding audio and transition effects to it for making it more attractive and pleasing.
- Video Stabilization: The shaky videos can be made stable with the video stabilization feature, which gives the footage an entirely new touch by removing the distortion.
- Optical Slow Motion: OFX analysis keyframe individually for working on frames to create a slow-motion effect in the footage with every minute detailed to be covered in it.
- Proxy Editing: The projects are edited and created in a low resolution than it has, and when the final rendering takes place the files are brought in its actual resolution and size which saves the storage effectively.
- Loudness meters: For balancing the audio levels for enhanced detailing within the dynamic range, these meters give a proper visualization and ease to work with the levels for a pleasant audio output.
- Extensive backup file options: The files within the project could be automatically backup on a specific desired time interval which can be customized by the user.
- Compositing modes: The top-down paradigm in Vegas Pro comes with a multi-layer approach for masking the area and managing the tracks in a parent-child relationship.
Why Choose Vegas Pro? (PROS)
- With the smart split, the areas remaining without any sequence can be automatically be blended to the succeeding and preceding clips.
- The audio could be recorded and imported from various external devices with the buses for taking full advantage of high-quality audio devices.
- GPU acceleration boosts the color grading process for getting enhanced results.
- Frames could be individually be edited in a very easy and quick way.
- Numerous plugin support is available for audio, video, and effects.
- The color grading done for a specific project can be exported in the form of a color preset and be used further on various projects where it is needed.
- The system often crashes while rendering a high-resolution, which is of a longer duration.
- For a beginner, the learning curve is steep for mastering the video editor.
What is unique about Vegas Pro?
The Boris FX Continuum Lens Flare 3D visual effect has different traditional lens flares to be added in the video footage. These flares could even be customized as per the requirement of the user.
Color Grading Presets can be reused on future projects once created and saved in the form of a preset format.
Who’s it for?
The professionals who want their video projects to be made in a Hollywood grade video editor generally choose Vegas Pro. The ones who want their footage to be very accurate in terms of quality, precision and content prefer to use this editor.
Supported Platforms: Vegas Pro video editor runs on the Windows operating system.
- Operating system:Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 2.5 GHz and 4 Core minimum. For 4k, 7th Generation Intel Core i7 (or AMD equivalent) or better. 3.0 GHz and 8 Core minimum
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: 5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Other:Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Supported GPU: NVIDIA- NVIDIA® GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4 GB | AMD/ATI– AMD/ATI® Radeon with 4 GB and VCE 3.0 or higher (Radeon Pro series with 8 GB for HDR and 32-bit projects) | Intel– Intel® GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
Vegas Pro video editor is priced at US$349 (one-time payment) and comes with a 30 Day Free Trial.
Is Vegas Pro worth it?
The professional tools and abilities to perform the tasks make it an incredibly great option for the video editors.
It comes with Waveforms and Multi-Frame Object Tracker, which at this price point, is a great option to work with.
Main Differences Between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro
In short, Vegas Movie Studio is a reduced version of Vegas Pro. Below are the top differences between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro on which one can pick the best one out on the following factors which are:
 In vegas pro, you can add a layer above the layer which is unlimited tracks, and videos could be added in the timeline whereas Vegas Movie Studio limits it’s to 200 track or Audio in the timeline at once.
 Multiple external devices can be added to import the audio in Vegas Pro, whereas in Vegas Movie Studio, there is no option as such.
 Audio and color Waveforms are available to see the visualized representation for both to balance it to a specific dynamic range in Vegas Pro, but Vegas Movie Studio does not provide the same.
 KeyMapping is possible in Vegas Pro but not in Movie Studio.
 There is a lot of difference in the price of both video editors, Vegas Movie studio is a lot cheaper than Vegas Pro. Vegas Pro costs for US$349, whereas Vegas Movie Studio is for US$49.99.
Which Software Is Better For Video Editing, Vegas Movie Studio, or Vegas Pro?
Talking in terms of a huge number of features and functionality, so Vegas Pro is better than Vegas Movie Studio.
But if the price point is a major factor to be considered while choosing the editor, this is where Vegas Movie Studio is much cheaper with lots of essential functionalities in it.
For professional-grade editing, Vegas Movie Studio is not a good choice, while Vegas Pro is filled with all the necessary items that should be there for a Hollywood style video editing software.
Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro: Who’s the Winner?
It depends upon the usage and need of the user. Both of them stand still at their end. It is all about what work are they needed for.
Vegas Pro is a highly professional software for the editors whereas Vegas Movie studio is cheap but in terms of output, it can not be beaten by the competitors which are in the same price segment.
Vegas movie studio loses while compared with Vegas Pro in terms of performance, features, and capabilities.
So, Which One Should You Pick?
If I have to choose between Vegas Movie Studio Vs Vegas Pro, I will go for Vegas Movie Studio if my work is not too professional and I do not require much of extra effects and transition.
Vegas Pro will be my choice if the project I have to work on requires high performance and a lot of effects and transitions to be applied.
As being a newbie, the budget always remains a factor while picking up the editor, and in that case, Vegas Movie Studio has it all in a lower price segment.
Hopefully, you have found this Vegas Movie Studio vs Vegas Pro comparison guide worthwhile and it has helped you to make an informed choice about these two video editing software.
Additionally, you can also check out our comparison of Vegas Pro Vs Vegas Pro Edit and Shotcut Vs Kdenlive, if you are still not quite settled on a solution.